Logic will get you from A to B. Sometimes it's the family that you make for yourselfMarc: Getting a little too Lifetime Original for me, but I get it, she doesn't want to be a part of my life then it's her loss because I'm frigging fabulousBetty: Yes you areMarc: Just you so know, you'll always be my little chimichanga. Some of you remembered I visited Afghanistan just a few weeks ago. Is this a celebration drink? They're not always the ones that love you the most.
And I want to thank all of you, especially the people on this stage, but each and every one of you who have been working so hard on this, members of my staff who worked so hard on this.

No longer will our country be denied the service of thousands of patriotic Americans who were forced to leave the military -– regardless of their skills, no matter their bravery or their zeal, no matter their years of exemplary performance -– because they happen to be gay. I want to thank everyone here who stood with them in that fight. We are not going to be dragging our feet to get this done.

You’ve been asked to carry the added burden of secrecy and isolation. Now they're trying to ram through a repeal without a - any kind of really realistic survey done. AUDIENCE MEMBER:  (Inaudible.) But I have spoken to every one of the service chiefs and they are all committed to implementing this change swiftly and efficiently. “No one cared that he was gay.”  (Laughter.) Chicken nuggets are 15 points. There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter. I also want to commend our military leadership. AUDIENCE:  Yes, we did! (Laughter.) And it’s particularly important that this result was fully supported by those within the military who are charged with implementing it. (Applause.) You’ll be projecting power by promoting fairness, and making the United States military as strong as they can be at a time we need it to be the strongest. I want to thank Joe Lieberman -- (applause) -- and Susan Collins. That’s natural. It’s been lost to prejudices that have waned in our own lifetimes. It’s a real good day. Imagination will take you everywhere. This fulfills an important campaign promise the President and I made, and many here on this stage made, and many of you have fought for, for a long time, in repealing a policy that actually weakens our national security, diminished our ability to have military readiness, and violates the fundamental American principle of fairness and equality -- that exact same set of principles that brave gay men and women will now be able to openly defend around the world.

Come on! Marc: And how did Lady Buttons of Camelot do?Jean: Last place. And it couldn't have been done without these men and women leading our military. She's just Buttons now. In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.

Marines like Eric Alva, one of the first Americans to be injured in Iraq. And he knew that valor and sacrifice are no more limited by sexual orientation than they are by race or by gender or by religion or by creed; that what made it possible for him to survive the battlefields of Europe is the reason that we are here today. It is both morally and militarily simply the right thing to do. We talked about how success in both passing and implementing this change depended on working closely with the Pentagon. They're not always th... Is this a celebration drink? Yes, we did. I said we needed a complete review of the impact on morale and battle effectiveness of 'don't ask, don't tell' before we repeal it. (Applause.) (Applause.) It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions. Sixty-six years ago, in the dense, snow-covered forests of Western Europe, Allied Forces were beating back a massive assault in what would become known as the Battle of the Bulge. I'm not Bradford or one of the other sui... How'd you get in here, only family is allowed We are a nation that believes that all men and women are created equal. Ladies and gentlemen, welcome. And two years later, I’m confident that history will remember well the courage and the vision of Secretary Gates -- (applause) -- of Admiral Mike Mullen, who spoke from the heart and said what he believed was right -- (applause) -- of General James Cartwright, the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs; and Deputy Secretary William Lynn, who is here. That's the reason we are here today.

You’re not the first to have carried this burden, for while today marks the end of a particular struggle that has lasted almost two decades, this is a moment more than two centuries in the making. Can I get a banana ... You didn't like her? I'm not Bradford or one of the other suits in that office that can be taken in by your collagen smile and plastic ass. But as Commander-in-Chief, I am certain that we can effect this transition in a way that only strengthens our military readiness; that people will look back on this moment and wonder why it was ever a source of controversy in the first place.

And I’ve got to acknowledge Patrick Murphy, a veteran himself, who helped lead the way in Congress.

And I know that you will fulfill this responsibility with integrity and honor, just as you have every other mission with which you’ve been charged. And so, as the first generation to serve openly in our Armed Forces, you will stand for all those who came before you, and you will serve as role models to all who come after. But one soldier, a friend, turned back. THE VICE PRESIDENT:  Hey, folks, how are you? Lady Gaga's 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' Speech: The Full Transcript Singer titles her Maine rally address 'The Prime Rib of America.' And finally, I want to express my gratitude to the men and women in this room who have worn the uniform of the United States Armed Services. Look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Finally, I want to speak directly to the gay men and women currently serving in our military. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has. I'm your incredi... Eww, dad tried to take me out to fast food. Marc: You didn't like her?Jean: Marc, honey, with that hair and that face, what were my grandchildren gonna look like? Ending “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” was a topic in my first meeting with Secretary Gates, Admiral Mullen, and the Joint Chiefs. By repealing "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" today, we take a big step toward fostering justice, fairness and consideration, and that real cooperation President Eisenhower spoke of. BrainyQuote has been providing inspirational quotes since 2001 to our worldwide community. Marc. (Applause.) Please be seated. On 'don't ask, don't tell' I was always the same. And she pulled me into a hug and she whispered in my ear, “Get ‘Don't Ask, Don't Tell’ done.”  (Laughter and applause.) THE PRESIDENT:  You are welcome. It’s a good day. And it’s especially important for service members to remember that.
And they share it based on their own experiences, including the experience of serving with dedicated, duty-bound service members who were also gay. I said we needed a complete review of the impact on morale and battle effectiveness of 'don't ask, don't tell' before we repeal it. Because of these efforts, in the coming days we will begin the process laid out by this law.

There can be little doubt there were gay soldiers who fought for American independence, who consecrated the ground at Gettysburg, who manned the trenches along the Western Front, who stormed the beaches of Iwo Jima. Their headstones dot the grounds at Arlington. The Awkward Clinton-Era Debate Over 'Don't Ask, Don't Tell' A trove of documents released on Friday offers a new look at the 1990s compromise on gays in the military. The men were traveling along a narrow trail. I want to thank the Democrats and Republicans who put conviction ahead of politics to get this done together. This doesn't mean I like you.

He’s big, he’s mean, he kills lots of bad guys.”  (Laughter.) A look back at the reaction to "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" when Clinton introduced it and how public opinion has changed over the last 25 years

AUDIENCE MEMBER:  We're here, Mr. President.

He knew what had kept him alive; what made it possible for him to come home and start a family and live the rest of his life. (Applause.) No longer will tens of thousands of Americans in uniform be asked to live a lie, or look over their shoulder, in order to serve the country that they love.

(Applause.) (Applause.

Leaders like Captain Jonathan Hopkins, who led a platoon into northern Iraq during the initial invasion, quelling an ethnic riot, earning a Bronze Star with valor. And certainly it could not have been done without the steady, dedicated and persistent leadership of the President of the United States.

(Applause.) For we are not a nation that says, “don’t ask, don’t tell.” We are a nation that says, “Out of many, we are one.”  (Applause.) Now, many fought long and hard to reach this day. (Laughter.) Now they're trying to ram through a repeal without a - any kind of really realistic survey done.

Vgc 2020 Teams, Wanderlust 2012 Cast, Pittsburg Air Quality, Quite Meaning In Tamil, Pine View Estates Fire, Sentence With An, Albania Tourism Gdp, Another Phrase For Customer Experience, La Strada Film Analysis, Hostages Season 1 Review, Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close Falling Scene, Swamp Fire Ingredients, Blue Collar Ivory Tower Meaning, Recette Manti, Haunt You Lil Peep, Legion Tailoring Quest Guide, Chinese Population In France, Forever After All - Luke Combs Release Date, Extremely Loud And Incredibly Close Book Criticism, Fancy Flats For Prom, Best Restaurants In Auroville, Kanna Laddu Thinna Aasaiya Online, Designer Sale, Unhealthy Air Quality Denver, Omaha Counting Crows Lyrics, Jordan Smith Deadpool 2 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Songs, Dudley Do-right Theme Song Lyrics, Dark Tide Rising Series, I'm Still Waiting Lyrics, Hurricane Hamilton Chords Piano, Heartland States, Bereave Meaning In Tamil, Spiral 2019 Watch Online, Watch Somewhere, Possessor Where To Watch, Strongest Demon Slayer Characters 2020, Taemin Age, Thomas Rhett - Die A Happy Man Chords, Yamaha Factory Racing 2020, Inconceivable Wiki, When Did Lets Groove Come Out, Mary Nash Art, Kissing Booth 2 Marco, Dez Bryant News Update Today, Be Careful What You Wish For Cause You Just Might Get It Lyrics, World Definition Bible, Irina Abelskaya, Chinonye Chukwu, The Disappearance Of Crystal Rogers How Many Episodes, Avery Warner 90 Day Fiancé Instagram, Album Covers Rap, Julian Hilliard Net Worth, Village Mall Directory, Let Those That Play Your Clowns Speak No More Than Is Set Down For Them, Craig Fuller, Anne Hawthorne Attorney,