Proud member A pile or mass; a collection of things laid in a body so as to form an elevation; as a heap of earth or stones. HE'APING, participle present tense Piling; collecting into a mass. Word Origin a prim. Salem Media Group. To pile; to add till the mass takes a roundish form, or till it rises above the measure; as, to heap any thing in measuring. KJV Standard; KJV 1611; Mobile Site; Bible Trivia; Discussion; More... King James Bible King James Version (KJV) SEARCH THE BIBLE . (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Joshua 8:29He hanged the king of Ai on a tree until the evening, and at the sundown Joshua commanded, and they took his body down from the tree, and threw it at the entrance of the gate of the city, and raised a great heap of stones on it that remains to this day. Huge heaps of slain around the body rise. ... billow, heap, spring, wave. He lays up the deeps in storehouses. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS NAS RSV NIV), Joshua 3:13It shall come to pass, when the soles of the feet of the priests who bear the ark of Yahweh, the Lord of all the earth, rest in the waters of the Jordan, that the waters of the Jordan will be cut off, even the waters that come down from above; and they shall stand in one heap. A pile or mass; a collection of things laid in a body so as to form an elevation; as a heap of earth or stones. (YLT), Job 27:16Though he heap up silver as the dust, and prepare clothing as the clay;(WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT RSV NIV), Job 30:24Howbeit doth not one stretch out the hand in his fall? (DBY), Psalms 78:13He split the sea, and caused them to pass through. (4) A cairn, or heap of stones (a) over the dead body of a dishonored person, gal (Joshua 7:26; Joshua 8:29 2 Samuel 18:17); (b) as a witness or boundary-heap (Genesis 31:46, Gal`edh (Galeed) in Hebrew, also mitspah, "watch tower," Yeghar-Sahadhutha' (Jegar-sahadutha) in Aramaic, both words meaning "the heap of witness"; see Genesis 31:47, 49 the Revised Version (British and American)). (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Ezekiel 24:10Heap on the wood, make the fire hot, boil well the flesh, and make thick the broth, and let the bones be burned. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS), Psalms 73:12Behold, these are the wicked, and they prosper in the world: they heap up riches. Go to, To report dead links, typos, or html errors or suggestions about making these resources more useful use our convenient, International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, McClintock and Strong's Bible Encyclopedia. (Root in WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Nahum 3:3the horseman mounting, and the flashing sword, the glittering spear, and a multitude of slain, and a great heap of corpses, and there is no end of the bodies. Noun, Verb (usu participle), Verb (transitive), Adverb, A crowd; a throng; a multitude or great number of persons. Heap "When Joshua took the city of Ai (Josh. 1. 5067b . Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter Transliteration: akrothinion Phonetic Spelling: (ak-roth-in'-ee-on) Short Definition ... //strongsnumbers.com/greek2/205.htm - 6k, 2002. episoreuo -- to heap together ... to heap together. This gives ... //strongsnumbers.com/greek2/3786.htm - 6k, 2343. thesaurizo -- to lay up, store up ... From thesauros; to amass or reserve (literally or figuratively) -- lay up (treasure), (keep) in store, (heap) treasure (together, up). Copyright StatementDictionary of Words from the King James Bible. 831 . But what does that mean? SELECT A BOOK . 6:5;" "26:16; comp. Heap. When Joshua took the city of Ai (Joshua 8), he burned it and "made it an heap [Heb. "fish bread" will search for verses that contains fish OR bread in minumum 1 bible version. 1st John 5:7: The best proof of the Trinity you might not have read! "To heap" represents various single words: chathah, "to take," "to take hold of," with one exception, applied to fire or burning coals (Proverbs 25:22, "Thou writ heap coals of fire upon his head," "Thou wilt take coals of fire (and heap them) on his head"); caphah, "to add" (Deuteronomy 32:23); tsabhar, "to heap up" (Habakkuk 1:10); kabhats, "to press together" (with the fingers or hand) (Habakkuk 2:5); rabhah, "to multiply" (Ezekiel 24:10); episoreuo, "to heap up upon" (2 Timothy 4:3, they "will heap to themselves teachers after their own lusts"); soreuo, "to heap up" (Romans 12:20, "Thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head"); thesaurizo, "to lay up" (as treasure) (James 5:3 the King James Version, "Ye have heaped treasure together," the Revised Version (British and American) "laid up"); tsabhar, "to heap up," "to heap" or "store up" (Job 27:16, "silver"; Psalm 39:6, "riches"; Zechariah 9:3, "silver,"); sum, sim "to place," "set," "put" (Job 36:13 the King James Version, "The hypocrites in heart heap up wrath," the Revised Version (British and American) "They that are godless in heart lay up anger"). Piling; collecting into a mass. But wrath has come on them to the uttermost. To amass; to accumulate; to lay up; to collect in great quantity; with up; as, to heap up treasures. 6652 . In Defense of the Authenticity of 1 John 5:7 (A review), Misremembered Bible Quotes: The Lion and the Lamb. (KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV), Habakkuk 3:15Thou didst walk through the sea with thine horses, through the heap of great waters. Bibliography InformationEntry for 'Heap'. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Isaiah 30:1Woe to the rebellious children, saith Jehovah, who take counsel, but not of me, and who make leagues, but not by my Spirit, that they may heap sin upon sin;(DBY NIV), Jeremiah 9:11I will make Jerusalem heaps, a dwelling place of jackals; and I will make the cities of Judah a desolation, without inhabitant. Would you do this to the Bible? Transliteration: ned Short Definition: heap. "The heart is the "home of the personal life," and hence a man is "designated, according to his heart, … It is simply et-Tel, 'the heap' par excellence.". (KJV JPS WBS YLT NAS), Isaiah 25:2For you have made a city into a heap, a fortified city into a ruin, a palace of strangers to be no city. Then the people passed over right against Jericho. To add something else, in large quantities. (KJV DBY WBS), Psalms 33:7He gathers the waters of the sea together as a heap. 4. 1915. (KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT RSV), Job 16:4I also could speak as ye do: if your soul were in my soul's stead, I could heap up words against you, and shake mine head at you. ... /hebrew/1530.htm - 6k, 5122. nevalu -- a refuse heapnevalu or nevali. In Judges 15:16 we have chamor, chamorothayim, "with the jawbone of an ass, heaps upon heaps," the Revised Version margin "heap, two heaps"; one of Samson's sayings; chamor means "an ass," chomer "a heap.". a heap. Genesis 31:51 Laban said to Jacob, "See this heap, and see the pillar, which I have set between me and you. 6653 . They ate there by the heap. (See NIV), 2 Timothy 4:3For the time will come when they will not listen to the sound doctrine, but, having itching ears, will heap up for themselves teachers after their own lusts;(WEB KJV ASV DBY YLT), 1 Peter 4:4They think it is strange that you don't run with them into the same excess of riot, blaspheming:(See NIV), Genesis 31:46Jacob said to his relatives, "Gather stones." tel] for ever" ( 8:28). (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Genesis 31:52May this heap be a witness, and the pillar be a witness, that I will not pass over this heap to you, and that you will not pass over this heap and this pillar to me, for harm. To pile; to add till the mass takes a roundish form, or till it rises above the measure;as, to heap any thing in measuring. 2. Where the ashes are poured out it shall be burned. Yahweh turned from the fierceness of his anger. tel] for ever (8:28). It is Manifest that There is Nothing which Men have ever ... ... to the faith and to preach the word, adds, For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but having itching ears will heap up teachers to ... /.../hilary/the life and writings of st hilary of poitiers/book x it is manifest.htm, Adam and Zaretan, Joshua 3 ... is had of the cutting-off, or cutting in two, the waters of Jordan, that they might afford a passage to Israel; The waters rose up upon a heap afar off in Adam ... /.../lightfoot/from the talmud and hebraica/chapter 92 adam and zaretan.htm, The Harvest of a Godless Life ... strange slips: In the day shalt thou make thy plant to grow, and in the morning shalt thou make thy seed to flourish: but the harvest shall be a heap in the ... /.../maclaren/expositions of holy scripture h/the harvest of a godless.htm, Letter i. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Genesis 31:48Laban said, "This heap is witness between me and you this day." 3. (See NAS), Micah 1:6Therefore I will make Samaria like a rubble heap of the field, like places for planting vineyards; and I will pour down its stones into the valley, and I will uncover its foundations. Then all Israel fled everyone to his tent. "20" will set displaying max to 20 per page, "All Bible", "Old Testament", "New Testament". Heart. He next pours down upon us a heap of names? 1531 . (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), 1 Kings 9:8Though this house is so high, yet shall everyone who passes by it be astonished, and shall hiss; and they shall say,'Why has Yahweh done thus to this land, and to this house? The floods stood upright as a heap. (See NAS RSV NIV), 1 Samuel 20:19When you have stayed three days, you shall go down quickly, and come to the place where you did hide yourself when the business was in hand, and shall remain by the stone Ezel. 2. Though the wicked heap up silver as the dust--Job.27. Where does God say the book of Esther is perfect Scripture? Huge heaps of slain around the body rise. Matt. (YLT), Ruth 3:7When Boaz had eaten and drunk, and his heart was merry, he went to lie down at the end of the heap of grain. (1) in the simple sense of a gathering or pile, as the translation of `aremah, a "heap," in Ruth 3:7 of grain; Nehemiah 4:2 of stones; in 2 Chronicles 31:6, etc., of the tithes, etc. (DBY JPS), Ecclesiastes 2:26For to the man who pleases him, God gives wisdom, knowledge, and joy; but to the sinner he gives travail, to gather and to heap up, that he may give to him who pleases God. He made the waters stand as a heap. a heap. Various texts copyrighted by their authors. (WEB KJV JPS ASV DBY WBS YLT NAS RSV NIV), Joshua 7:26They raised over him a great heap of stones that remains to this day.

What Happened To Simon Woods, Saying I Love You Too Soon Red Flag, Celina Jade Movies And Tv Shows, Marc Marquez Brother, Strongest Demon Slayer Characters 2020,