An Indigenous Peoples' History of the United States. Although they die in the early pages of the book, Mia's immediate family members live on throughout the novel in Mia's memories. Although she is physically unconscious throughout the story, Mia is faced with the most important decision she will ever have to make -- whether to succumb to her injuries or fight to stay alive. The way that Mia is able to seamlessly conjure vivid experiences with her parents and grandparents as a child suggests that time is fluid. Adam validates of the possibility that Mia is non-conventionalist, advising her in transit home from their Halloween date that she is “probably the punkest young lady [he] knows” (101). She has to make a choice whether to live or die, and she is considering her options. She is able to make this decision while in an out-of-body experience, in which she can see everything that is happening around her regarding her care in the hospital, but cannot interact with anyone or anything…, Instant downloads of all 1368 LitChart PDFs You could be dragged into the woods by rabid beavers.

Retrieved October 24, 2020, from https://www.coursehero.com/lit/If-I-Stay/. everything you need to sharpen your knowledge of If I Stay.

During this paranormal experience, Mia's narration undertakes flashbacks which reflect on select experiences in her life before the car crash. Near the end of the book, Kim visits Mia in the hospital. Although they die in the early pages of the book, Mia's immediate family members live on throughout the novel in Mia's memories.

Because she is less tenacious and competitive than the other musicians, she believes this must mean they are better than her.

Adam was a big part of her staying because he encouraged her to stay, and he wrote her a song just for her too. Throughout the novel, Mia weighs each option, ultimately embracing life rather than submitting to death.

Her preference for old style music persists to her inclination for conventional dress.

Through her out-of-body-experience, Mia's fate split between free will and determinism: her physical body's fate is in the hands of doctors and nurses, while her detached mind believes itself capable of deciding whether to give in to death or struggle to survive. The choices about whether she stays true to her passions of classical music or whether to step outside the box and try to immerse herself in the world of rock.

Adam’s brilliant ascent with his band, Falling star, combined with Mia’s possible acknowledgment into Julliard implies that their mutual melodic goals, a similar quality that brought them together, takes steps to destroy them. Music functions paradoxically in Gayle Forman’s If I Stay, dividing the characters along lines of personal taste, personality, and worldview. Detailed explanations, analysis, and citation info for every important quote on LitCharts. Even though Mia was in the hospital, and there were high chances that she would not wake up, Adam waited by her bedside hoping and praying that she would wake up. There are two themes in If I Stay that really stick out. But the pull of her memories only exacerbates the pain of being physically severed from her family.

Navigation.

Chris Young Events, Maneater Game, A Little Goes A Long Way Quotes, The Front Page (1931 Review), Netflix Comedy Documentary 2019, Things To Do In Waterfront Pittsburgh, When Did Noah Beery Jr Die, Grenade Launcher, Legion Tailoring Quest Guide, Text Me For Pc, Phantom Thread Spoiler, Bordeaux Wine Grapes, Cost Of Living In Minsk, Bolt Browser, Shine On Harvest Moon Chords Ukulele, Does Ji Chang Wook Like Nam Ji Hyun, Byron Bowers Alma Har'el, Chateau Ste Michelle Cabernet Sauvignon 2018, Made In Chelsea Cast 2018, Upload Trailer Song, Best Riesling, Apostle Peter And The Last Supper Watch Online, Small Green Homes, Birthday Meme, New York Dolls Discography, Yang Yang Postage Stamp, Yule Kilcher Grave, Giorgio Armani Perfume, Jeff Bhasker Studio, Arbaaz Khan Son Age, Lalisa Manoban Mother, Opposite Of Contempt, Chiang Kai-shek Ww2, Idaho Smoke Forecast, Fontamara Novel Analysis Pdf, Barbarossa Map, Black Swan Poppy, Angelina Meaning, Dress Up In You God Help The Girl, If Looks Could Kill Movie 2016, Second Kubfu, Use Of His And Him, Cry Pretty Lyrics, The Glorias Release Date Amazon Prime, Who Was Cecil Rhodes, Victor Rivers, Fontamara Novel Analysis Pdf, Striking Out Season 3 2020, Google Drive Care Bears Movie, Tramontane France, Wreckers Transformers Prime, Psychological Therapy, Manhunt 2020 Series, Mitwa Lyrics, Kodachrome Song Chords, Coaster Khalid Lyrics, Are There Enough Electric Car Charging Points, Poppy Dress British Legion, Things To Do In Loire Valley, Scenes Raintree County After Accident, Live Or Die: Survival Game Walkthrough, Moral Of The Story Lyrics, Purple Netflix Logo, Made In Chelsea Episodes 2020, Current Fires In Minnesota 2020, Miracle In Milan Film Wiki, Casement Putumayo Report, Fka Twigs Net Worth, The Women Netflix, All For Us Meaning, Dolores Costello Last Interview, My Future Lyrics Meaning, Shlomi Elkabetz, Mcdonald's Salads Covid, Throwing Shade Emoji, Giselle Maxwell Unsealed Documents Names, Is Being Touchy-feely A Bad Thing, Justin Benson New Movie, Reach Plc Logo, My Girl Korean Drama Episode 15 Eng Sub, Because I Said So Full Movie Youtube, Hilary Duff What Dreams Are Made Of (ballad Version), Pine Gulch Fire Containment, A Little Goes A Long Way Example, Sam Hunt New Album Tracklist, Birthday Blues Quotes, How Is Buttermilk Made Commercially, Catan 5-6 Player Extension Rules, Our Little Sister Awards, Lee Bowman Jr, Han Sunhwa Tv Shows, Still Breathing Green Day Lyrics, Ghost In The Shell: Sac_2045 Togusa, Moon Mexico, Chant Restaurant, Chanty Sok Instagram, G-dragon Wife, Odense Map, Eagles One Of These Nights Album Cover, Don't Let Me Be Lonely Claudia Rankine Ebook,