He has won Grammy Awards for the songs "Run This Town" by Jay-Z, "All of the Lights" by Kanye West, "We Are Young" by Fun., and "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson. Jeff Bhasker (born March 3, 1974), also known as Billy Kraven and U.G.L.Y., is an American record producer, songwriter, keyboardist, vocalist, and multi-instrumentalist. New sounds were coming up, it was a really exciting decade.”. They confess that they are living out of a suitcase, been travelling between Mumbai, Punjab and Delhi. Tune into 80s Love by Jerry Singh and Simba Sing on Spotify. [15], Grammy Award for Producer of the Year, Non-Classical, Fame Kills: Starring Kanye West and Lady Gaga, "Fun. He was set to be the musical director for the cancelled Fame Kills: Starring Kanye West and Lady Gaga, before going on to be the music director of Lady Gaga's The Monster Ball Tour. He also penned the Alicia Keys hit Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart and won a Grammy for Best Rap Song with Run This Town. He also co-wrote the single Uptown Funk with Mark Ronson.As his alter ego, Billy Kraven, Bhasker showcases his talents as a singer and performer. From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jeff Bhasker (born 3 March 1974), also known as Billy Kraven and U.G.L.Y., is an American record producer, songwriter, keyboardist, vocalist, and multi-instrumentalist. Bhasker's collaborations span multiple genres, including writing and production credits on Alicia Keys's 2009 album, The Element of Freedom, including the charting singles "Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart" and "Wait Til You See My Smile", and the album tracks, "Love Is Blind", and "Like the Sea". [10] He began writing with Bruno Mars, and songwriter and executive Steve Lindsey served as their mentor. Talking about the brand new track, Jerry says, “80s Love started off with a beat which I had made back in Los Angeles last fall. I knew then this is the moment I had been waiting for, I gave my best shot and here we both are with my name under the song’s credit.” Both the brothers have a couple of singles that they are working on. [1][2] Bhasker received the 2016 Grammy Award for Producer of the Year, Non-Classical for co-producing Mark Ronson's album Uptown Special and producing Nate Ruess's album Grand Romantic. He collaborated with rapper and producer Kanye West on the albums 808s & Heartbreak, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and Watch the Throne. [11] Initially serving as a substitute keyboardist for West's Glow in the Dark Tour, West was impressed by Bhasker's musical ability, and hired him as his musical director. He was additionally nominated for Album of the Year, Record of the Year for "We Are Young", and Producer of the Year, Non-Classical. His suite of tracks, Born On the 4th of July is reminiscent of psychedelic protest-love songs wrapped in synthesizers and MPC drum machines.Bhasker is from New Mexico and lives in Los Angeles. He adds, “I heard Jerry playing around with a beat while I was in the kitchen with my friend. 19.9k Followers, 101 Following, 582 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Jeff Bhasker (@jeffbhasker) [4] Bhasker then began an association with rapper/producer Kanye West. Simba Sing aka Sakaar Singh and Jerry Singh, While streaming through our Indie Summer playlist on Spotify, we discovered the high-energy and groovy track called, 80s Love, by sibling duo Jerry and Simba Sing aka Sakaar Singh. [12] Bhasker collaborated on West's albums 808s & Heartbreak, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and the Jay-Z/Kanye West collaboration album, Watch the Throne, including the songs "Welcome to Heartbreak". [5] He played in the jazz band at Socorro High School, where he graduated in 1993, and then studied jazz piano and arranging at Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts. The Grammy-winner behind songs by artists as varied as Kanye West, Taylor Swift, the Rolling Stones, Beyonce, and Fun. I was seeing someone that summer, she was Latin so that led to a Latin pop vibe song.”  While trying to understand how the brothers compose together, we learn that it is Simba who usually comes up with the melodies and writing the lyrics while Jerry does the production bit and then they fuse it up. Jeff Bhasker is a Grammy award-winning songwriter and producer known for his work with Kanye West on West's albums 808’s and Heartbreak and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. We got While Simba is influenced and looks up to performers like Michael Jackson, Ray Charles, Adele, Bruno Mars, Akon, The Weekend, Drake, Jerry is inspired by record producers like Jeff Bhasker, Quincy Jones, Max Martin, Greg Kurstin, The Smeezingtons and Diplo. Although Jerry and Simba work out of Los Angeles, they are back in India now due to pandemic. He immediately picked up the mic and came up with this great melody for almost the whole song and then we sat and worked around the lyrics and the story of the song.” The brothers had gone through 25 versions before zeroing in on the final track! He played cover songs in a band with Mars around Los Angeles. Additionally, he received the 2016 Grammy Award for Producer of the Year, Non-Classical for his achievements in producing that year, including work with Nate Ruess, Elle King, and Mikky Ekko. is an American record producer, songwriter, keyboardist, vocalist, and multi-instrumentalist. He shares, “One of the many days when I was present at his studio, he (Jeff) was working on Future Nostalgia, he handed me over some programming and asked me to work on it. They are the sons of the famous Dil Le Gayee singer, Jasbir Jassi. spills his secrets Jeff Bhasker was somewhere in Salt Lake City trying to come up with a song. Our music is the polar opposite to what he does but making people feel something with one’s music is the same.” In 2009, Bhasker produced the songs "Free", "Zombie", and "Heaven" for Natalia Kills, and co-wrote and produced, "Nothing Lasts Forever", from her debut album, Perfectionist, under the alias 'Billy Kraven'. Designed & Developed by Bureau For Visual Affairs. Jeff Bhasker (also known as Billy Kraven and U.G.L.Y.) We both came to the studio because it immediately caught our ears. He was lead producer on New York band Fun's debut album, which won him another Grammy, for the album's lead single We Are Young. Bhasker was introduced to jazz by his mother and his piano teacher. [6][7], He gigged around Boston as a keyboardist and played in a wedding band. He got a job doing demos for songwriter Diane Warren. The New Indian Express | Dinamani | Kannada Prabha | Samakalika Malayalam | Edex Live | Cinema Express | Event Xpress, Contact Us | About Us | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise With Us, Home | Fashion | Entertainment | Culture | Lifestyle | Car & Bike | Sex & Health | Events | Galleries. Bhasker worked again with Alicia Keys on her 2012 album, Girl on Fire, on the singles "Girl on Fire", and "Tears Always Win". "Lift Off", and "Runaway". Since 2008, when Jeff Bhasker ’99 began working with Kanye West, his career has been in overdrive. jeff-bhasker-635.jpg. Simba reminisces, “When I was in Berklee College of Music, during two of the summers, I interned with Jeff Bhasker.” Meanwhile, Jerry got the opportunity to meet Jeff in 2017 when he was visiting India for the MTV award summit. “During that time we were creating new ideas every day at Jeff Bhasker’s studio,” Simba says. Bhasker stepped into the spotlight as West’s touring keyboardist, then became his musical director, and then went into the studio with him as a cowriter and producer. Before that comes out, I and Jerry are releasing a couple of singles,” says Simba, signing off, with the information that their next single will be out in September. He adds, “I heard Jerry playing around with a beat while I was in the kitchen with my friend. The brothers have a legacy to live up to. “There’s a five-song EP ready with Jeff Bhasker, he is the executive producer of this EP and 9 am (the duo producers) produced it. [3][4] His mother is a pianist and his Indian-born father, Ravi Bhasker, is a medical doctor who has served as Socorro's mayor for over 24 years. He has also worked on the hit singles "Just Give Me a Reason" by Pink, Lana Del Rey's "Summertime Sadness", and Emeli Sandé's "My Kind of Love". When the band Fun took the stage to accept its first award at Sunday’s Grammy’s, the pop trio seemed to have picked up a fourth member. He worked on Beyoncé's "I Care", "Rather Die Young" and "Party" from her 2011 album 4 as a writer, musician and producer. [9], Bhasker relocated to Los Angeles, in 2005. The song takes us back to the time where love wasn’t found on dating sites but rather on the open roads, the disco and the bars. Bhasker received the Grammy Award for Best Rap Song for West's "All of the Lights", and the Jay-Z/Rihanna/Kanye West song "Run This Town".[13]. We both came to the studio because it immediately caught our ears. Bhasker was born in Kansas City, Kansas, and raised in Socorro, New Mexico. He shares, “That was the first time when I happened to introduce my work to Jeff.”  Jerry has also worked on Dua Lipa’s song, Future Nostalgia. He collaborated with rapper and producer Kanye West on the albums 808s & Heartbreak, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and Watch the Throne. [8] One of his first productions was with neo soul singer Goapele, on her album Even Closer (2002). Jeff Bhasker is a Grammy award-winning songwriter and producer known for his work with Kanye West on West's albums 808’s and Heartbreak and My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. Bruno Mars, Philip Lawrence, Christopher Brody Brown, Harry Styles, Sammy Witte, Thomas Hull, Tyler Johnson, This page was last edited on 30 September 2020, at 01:50. 'I was with Pink and Nate Ruess from Fun., who had a day off from his tour. Simba recalls,  “As kids, Jerry and I have seen dad follow his discipline towards music, performing in front of huge crowds and creating ideas. Bhasker served as lead producer and co-writer for the band Fun's 2012 album, Some Nights, for which he received the 2013 Grammy Award for Song of the Year for the song "We Are Young". Describing the rather feel-good song, Simba says, “80s Love is a 2020 song with eighties vibe to it. Simba and Jerry have both worked with well-known record producer, Grammy award-winning American record producer, Jeff Bhasker. He also penned the Alicia Keys hit Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart and won a Grammy for Best Rap Song with Run This Town.His music is featured on Beyoncé's album 4 as well as Jay Z and Kanye West’s Watch the Throne. He toured with the jam band Lettuce and began focusing more on songwriting. “During that time we were creating new ideas every day at Jeff Bhasker’s studio,” Simba says. Sexuality and gender are explored in all shapes and forms in this glittering fashion film featuring Kristen McMenamy, Andre J and Danni Daniels. We were going through our ideas and the moment I pulled up this tune and played the beat, it grabbed Simba’s attention. To me, the eighties was a decade that had amplified emotions in music, movies. Their other new track, Got You which was released in May became quite popular with their listeners. [14], Bhasker co-wrote and co-produced Mark Ronson's single "Uptown Funk", which earned him a 2016 Grammy Award for Record of the Year. He collaborated with rapper and producer Kanye West on the albums 808s & Heartbreak, My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, and Watch the Throne.

The Aquatic Uncle, Is Expelled On Hulu, Droits De Succession En Ligne Directe, Scott Thornton Wife, How Not To Die Ebook,