I grew up on a farm in east Tennessee and my first concert was Britney Spears, that's my music," Ballerini said. The stunning transformation of Kelsea Ballerini, © 2020 TheList.com. The award-winning singer was born as Kelsea Nicole Ballerini, on September 12, 1993, in Knoxville, Tennessee; she is the only child of her parents. ET. All rights reserved. Kelsea Ballerini Is A Member Of . Her second studio album, Unapologetically, followed in 2017. Nothing says a family vacation like an RV, Princess Diana died when Harry was just 12 years old, It's looked — and felt — like a whole different world as we've been social distancing and attempting to keep each other safe, See All the Celebs Taking RV Trips This Summer, The Sweetest Photos of Princes Harry with Diana, From Empty Streets to Virtual Weddings: What Life Has Looked Like During the Coronavirus Pandemic. "I walked in, and I had my big, pink, sparkly guitar case. Originally influenced by pop music, Ballerini states "I grew up on top 40 pop. Ballerini's first two albums have accounted for seven charted songs on the Hot Country Songs and Country Airplay charts. CMA Music Festival: Country's Night To Rock, https://www.lyricmagazine.co.uk/lyricreviews-the-new-self-titled-album-from-kelsea-ballerini-pop-joy-and-slick-open-honest-songwriting-combine/, "Next Women of Country: Kelsea Ballerini", "Would Kelsea Ballerini ever change her name? Country Singers. [27] In December 2018, Unapologetically received a nomination for Best Country Album at the 61st annual Grammy Awards. "It starts with a breakup and starts gnarly and dark and starts angst-y, and then it goes into kind of like that moment where you find yourself again, and through growing up a little bit and fighting off some insecurities — and finding some new ones! "High School," one of the tracks off of Unapologetically, reflects on her time visiting Knoxville after moving to Nashville to pursue music. [12] Ballerini also became only the fifth solo female country music artist to score back-to-back number one hits with her first two singles when "Dibs", the second single from the album, reached the top of the Country Airplay chart. Her father, Ed, worked as a programmer for a country-music radio station while her mom, Carla, worked, in a publishing firm. Ballerini has always placed her hometown high on her priority list. It's a time when everyone is starting to discover who they are, it's awkward and emotional, and unfortunately the way some people feel like they have it together is by tearing other people apart. That slot's taken.'" Despite growing up in the public eye, Ballerini has remained humble, kind, and unapologetically herself, using her way with words to inspire and move people — like so many female artists did for her growing up. Flash forward to about 13 years later, and Kelsea, now 25, is performing alongside Kelly during her Meaning of Life tour. She's humble, she's talented, she writes. They first met in 2016 while co-hosting an award show in his native Australia, and sparks flew between them during the afterparty. One of Kelsea's favorite memories as a preteen happened when she was just 12 years old and saw Kelly Clarkson in concert. Ballerini's 2015 debut album, The First Time, spawned three No. Even with all her success, Kelsea Ballerini never forgot about that little girl with a big dream back in Knoxville. The album's third single, "Peter Pan", was released to country radio on March 21, 2016. “Since we got married, I feel like 90 percent of the songs I’ve written have been love songs,” he added. Despite finding success as a singer-songwriter by reflecting on her past, Kelsea Ballerini started focusing on her future. Ballerini posted a photo of the letter on Instagram in hopes of reaching the 12-year-old fan named Ellie, writing in the caption that she couldn't find a return address so she decided to respond on social media. [34] The song debuted at number 22 on the Country Airplay chart, making it Ballerini's highest debut on the chart to date. So, she worked hard to earn her radio time, and she scored a nomination in the all-genre best new artist category, along with fellow country music newcomer Maren Morris. It wasn't until Ballerini got older that she was able to explore those tough feelings, which inspired the track "Secondhand Smoke" off her debut album, The First Time. Introducing ... PEOPLE's Products Worth the Hype, Carly Pearce Spills on Her Upcoming Album and Girls Nights with Maren Morris & Kelsea Ballerini. [37] On February 28, she released the single "Hole in the Bottle" (stylized in all lowercase) and announced the tracklist for Kelsea including "Half of my Hometown" featuring Kenny Chesney and "The Other Girl" featuring Halsey. Kelsea Ballerini rocked the CMT Awards event with her stunning dress, if you call it that! Her father worked as the sales manager for a country-music radio station, and her mother worked for a publishing company. To show fans and critics just how open she is to trying new sounds, in 2018, Ballerini collaborated with EDM pop group The Chainsmokers on "This Feeling," which introduced her to a more mainstream audience. "Ever since then, I've been like, Kelly Clarkson told me to be an artist," Kelsea tells CountryLiving.com. [5] She wrote her first song at 12 for her mother[8] and moved to Nashville, Tennessee, three years later. You'll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications. The stripped-down version of "Club" was released alongside the album announcement. [35] On November 8, Ballerini released the promotional single "Club". "It's so many people's story, and a story that needs to be told because I know when I was 12 and 13 when [the divorce] was happening, I felt super alone. Kelsea Ballerini was only 14 years old when she attended her first label meeting in hopes of landing a record deal, but she left empty-handed after she was told she wasn't original enough. [2] She attended Central High School in Knoxville, Tennessee; Centennial High School in Franklin, Tennessee; and then Lipscomb University for two years until she pursued a musical career. Ballerini also cites Shania Twain as her greatest influence. Kelsea Ballerini and Morgan Evans 'Look Forward' to Kids — but It's Still a 'Little Ways Off' this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. 27 Year Old Singer #23. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site. Ines was born in Novale, … [28], On March 5, 2019, Ballerini was invited by Little Big Town to become a member of the Grand Ole Opry. The Grammy-nominated artist draws inspiration for her songwriting from past relationships, insecurities, and heartbreak, which is probably why she found success at a relatively young age. In an interview with BuzzFeed, Ballerini said any doubt she had of moving to Nashville washed away when Clarkson appeared to wink at her through the concert's massive video screens. And music fans showed plenty of love in return, quickly embracing the young singer-songwriter for her girl-next-door image, sweet Tennessee twang, and fresh country-pop sound. [15][16] In 2017, Ballerini received two Academy of Country Music Award nominations for Female Vocalist of the Year and Video of the Year for "Peter Pan. ", Ballerini revealed to Variety that she was surprised by the warm welcome. 1", "Kelsea Ballerini Is the First Woman to Top Hot Country Songs & Country Airplay Charts at the Same Time", "Kelsea Ballerini Named No. I was on a new independent label. "High school is the first time that I sang a solo on stage and high school is when I moved to Nashville, so high school was a good four years for me," she recalls. Kelly Clarkson Talks Juggling Her Kids and Career, Kelly Clarkson Surprised a Fan in the Best Way, Kelly Clarkson's Cover of 'Shallow' Gave Us Chills, Why Kelly Clarkson's Father Isn't in Her Life, Kelly Clarkson Reveals Why She Missed the Grammys. In a Chicago Tribune interview, she said, "It took a long time for people to actually listen to me and actually take me seriously. [25] Ballerini joined the fifteenth season of The Voice as the fifth coach. Yes, the 27-year-old singer and songwriter donned a beautiful dress on the red carpet during the event that looked like a mini dress made with a disco ball theme. More about us. Despite her songs about heartbreak, Kelsea Ballerini found love with her now-hubby and fellow country artist, Morgan Evans. She has four No. [24] In October, she provided vocals on her husband Morgan Evans' song "Dance With Me". She has four No. It's saying, 'This is all I know, and I'm going to learn and grow from it and turn it around.'". "He was right," she added. "It's such a big part of my story, between Taylor posting about my EP when 'Love Me' wasn't even top 40 yet, and then taking me out on stage, and then Shania posting about me and bringing me out on stage, and then Nick Jonas performing with me really early on," she said.

Ridicule In A Sentence, Martin Lawrence Doin' Time, How To Reduce Taxes On Severance Pay, Dust To Glory Netflix, Young Man, Fka Twigs Robert Pattinson Timeline, Endless Love Jackie Chan Mp3, All About Ah Long Song, Joan Chen Twin Peaks, Belle Meaning In Tamil,