His earliest memory was that of an old lady. When I decided to go abroad for further studies, I was sure my grandmother would be upset. Her one hand was always busy in telling the beads of her rosary. Here we are providing The Portrait of a Lady Extra Questions and Answers Class 11 English Hornbill, Extra Questions for Class 11 English was designed by subject expert teachers. Answer: always "beautiful"? She stopped talking to us and lay quietly on the bed telling the beads of her rosary. 3. This dismal situation should not be allowed to exist. Draw a character sketch of Khushwant Singh’s grandmother as portrayed by him in the lesson ‘The Portrait of a Lady’. She broke bread into small crumbs and scattered around her for the sparrows. Was the distance in the relationship deliberate or due to the demands of the situation? She was so pure and pious that even the birds mourned at her death. This did not stop me from spending as much time with him as I could. I prepare his wooden slate and take him to school. The happiest moment of the day for the grandmother was when she fed bread crumbs to the sparrows. The author received a moist kiss on his forehead from his grandmother when he was going abroad. 2. When the body was taken away, the birds left quietly, as if to declare that even nature acknowledged the godliness of a true benefactor. Answer: The overjoyed grandmother had organized a musical soiree taking the lead as the drummer and singing of the homecoming of warriors. 2. Who does she share her happiness with? Khushwant Singh felt that his grandmother could never have been any different from what he had seen her to be. However, she was a bit conservative because she disliked music. She must always have been old. Khushwant now goes to an English medium school in this city. Answer: Why was the author’s grandmother unhappy with city education? Much later, I came to know that he had been a freedom fighter. He is taught English. Prevention of Cruelty to Animals His parents have gone to the city. Besides prayers, she was given to animal care, by feeding stray dogs at the temple door and sparrows in the city home. NCERT Class 11 English Hornbill Chapter 1 solution strengthens the foundations of the students, which helps them secure good marks in the exams. In the village, she used to feed chapattis to the street dogs. Answer: Her serenity and calmness gave her an inner beauty. Why does he compare his grandmother with the "winter La Mfscape"? 1. and Contentrnent. Write an article in 120-150 words on “Life of Old People”. She went to school with him and helped him with his lessons. In order to secure marks in the final exams, it is crucial to have appropriate knowledge of the textbook. Sorry!, This page is not available for now to bookmark. Therefore, as a child, he found it difficult to believe that she had been any different ever. Solution to the problem may be – old age insurance, financial security for the old. She, therefore, adopted the role of a loveable elder overseeing her grandson’s progress and basking in it. Today sparrows have all but disappeared from our cities. Why does the author define his relationship with his grandmother as "friendship"? NCERT Solutions for Class 11 English Hornbill Chapter 1 is the best choice for students to understand Hornbill Class 11 Chapter 1 without facing any difficulties. What are the different ways in which we come to know this? The old, on their part, await attention from the young for their small and big needs. Answer: English Hornbill Class 11 Chapter wise Questions with Solutions to help you to revise complete Syllabus and Score More marks in Board Exams. Khushwant Singh’s grandmother did not approve of the education in the city school. Question 10. So, the grandmother had to spend her days on wheel chair by reciting prayers. NCERT Solutions for Class 11 English The Portrait of a Lady. 3. The grandmother was a kind-hearted woman. But she hugged him when he came back from abroad. Answer: Question 6. Answer: Question 3. Question 9. The scientific names and principles are totally new to me. 4. The Portrait of a Lady Class 11 Solutions are prepared according to the CBSE Pattern. Question 3. However, I do not interfere. When her grandson left for studies abroad, she did not show her emotion and kept remarkable self-control. Her fingers were busy telling the beads of her rosary. Milan Kundera, the Czech novelist, says, “Mankind’s true moral test… consists of its attitude towards those who are at its mercy: animals.” Write an essay in about 100 words on the prevention of cruelty to animals. NCERT Solutions for Class 11th: Ch 1 The Portrait of Lady Hornbill English. Various agencies, like the government NGOs and social organizations should provide the elderly with financial and physical support. ► She had her own thoughts about the learning at school. Thus, her religion stepped beyond ritual to one of showing kindness to the tiniest creatures of God. Answer: He died when I was twelve. pretty and had even had a husband, but that was hard to believe. Singh says, “There were no dogs in the streets and she took to feeding sparrows in the courtyard of our city house.” Locate these phrases in the text and notice the way they are used. She took excellent care of him while he lived with her as a child in the village. Which language do you use to talk to elderly relatives in your family? Tamilnadu Board Class 10 English Solutions, Tamilnadu Board Class 9 Science Solutions, Tamilnadu Board Class 9 Social Science Solutions, Tamilnadu Board Class 9 English Solutions, From the Diary of Anne Frank Extra Questions and Answers for Class 10 English, Life Processes Class 10 Important Questions Science Chapter 6, Maths Formulas for Class 6 to Class 12 PDF | All Basic Maths Formulas, MCQ Questions for Class 6 Hindi with Answers Vasant Bhag 1, MCQ Questions for Class 7 Hindi with Answers Vasant Bhag 2, MCQ Questions for Class 8 Hindi with Answers Vasant Bhag 3, MCQ Questions for Class 6 English with Answers Honeysuckle, A Pact with the Sun. The Portrait of a Lady Class 11 Solutions are prepared according to the CBSE Pattern. He listens intently as I recite my prayers while getting him ready for school. She was a deeply religious woman. Nowadays the law demands that the young take care of their aged parents, Question 11. 4. Moreover, the grandmother was very loving and tender to the animals. Which universal truth is the author referring to here? The relationship changed from total dependency during their village stay to a hint of withdrawal during the city stay as the grandmother could not comprehend the efficacy of a curriculum based on science, sans religious instructions. So, the grandmother was left a loner. Question 13. Question 10. However physical distance does not mean an end. like the winter landscape in the mountains, an expanse of pure white serenity breathing peace In the afternoons, she used to feed the birds. 2. Driven by such thoughts while reading the lesson, you think about the life of many old men and women in India, who lead a lonesome existence in the end of their life. The old should get the same kind of love and security as Khushwant Singh’s grandmother got from her family. How does grandmother bid farewell to her grandson when he is leaving for abroad? Khushwant Singh’s grandmother was not attractive and good-looking, but she had an extremely gracious personality. What change overcomes her in the evening? Why does author say that her grandmother had always been •old wrinkled"? What causes the break in their friendship? Mention the three phases of the author’s relationship with his grandmother before he left the country to study abroad. He could not believe that once she was young and pretty. 2. Answer: She remained secluded from the family, but enjoyed the chirping and hopping of the sparrows. She had a calm and serene personality. Question and Answer forum for K12 Students. That was the turning point in our friendship She began praying instead of talking. Would you agree that the author’s grandmother was a person strong in character? The author treated the stories of grandmother’s youth and beauty as fables as he had always seen her old and he found it was hard to accept that she could once be pretty and young. I would tell herEnglish words and little things of Western science and learning. Exploitation of animals that work for men. The reason is breakdown of the joint family system. In this Horbill Class 11 English chapter The Portrait of a Lady, the students will get to know how the author has drawn a portrait of his grandmother with pen and tried to unfold the beautiful relationship with her while telling the readers about his grandmother’s appearance and daily-basis activities. He was taught music, of which his grandmother disapproved. 3. With namaskar to your husband and love to your children. Prayer was of paramount importance to her. Lesson 7: Sympathy by Charles Mackay all Questions and Answers | SCERT | ENGLISH Poem Sympathy By Charles Mackay 1. Class 11 English Hornbill NCERT Solutions . People said that once been young and Question 6. How did the grandmother receive the narrator when he returned from abroad and how did it affect her? In her last moments, she withdrew herself from the family and devoted herself to prayer. He had taken part in the freedom . We see cruelty to animals all around us. She loved this. a recognition of what the old have done for the young is essential. Answer: Answer: CBSE Previous Year Question Paper for Class 10, CBSE Previous Year Question Paper for Class 12. I What caused a turning point in the friendship of Khushwant Singh with his grandmother? ‘The Portrait of a Lady’ partly dwells on the loneliness and insecurity of the old age and effort of the old to fit in. Towards the end of the story, it reveals the endless love of the grandmother to her grandchild. Class 11 the portrait of the lady Ques ansPlz solve these fast The Portrait ofa Lady Extracts MY grandmother like everybody's grandmother, was an old woman has been old and wrinkled for the twenty Years that had known her People said that once been young and pretty - English - In the village, she fed street dogs and in city, shifted to feeding sparrows. Question 15. This was the only time she was not praying. We came to know only when her fingers stopped moving. I am very happy these days as my grandson, Khushwant, has come to live with me. What was the happiest moment of the day for the grandmother? The author’s grandmother was a religious person. Question 7. In the city, there is no concern for God and spiritual matters. Also, the explanation is followed by a Summary of the lesson. How did she take care of her loneliness? What was the happiest moment of the day for the Grandmother? She accepted her seclusion quietly when he was given a separate room. NCERT Solutions; _Class 6; _Class 7; _Class 8; _Class 9; _Class 10; _Class 11; _Class 12 ; Revision Notes; _Class 6; _Class 7; _Class 8; _Class 9; _Class 10; _Class 11; _Class 12; Important Questions; _Class 6; _Class 7; _Class 8; _Class 9; _Class 10; _Class 11; _Class 12; Download App; Watch Videos; Download App. It is the duty of the young to look after their old parents and grandparents. 2. All of us were excited including Beeji, his grandmother. I am not at all happy with the educa¬tion he gets. The old feel neglected and irrelevant. Mention the odd way in which the author’s grandmother behaved just before she died. What was Khushwant Singh’s and his grandmother’s routine in the village? In the The city school gave him modern education in English and science.

Jessica Capshaw 2020, Fred Savage Brother, Pokemon Sword And Shield Home, Him Live Album, Daisy Keech Logan Paul, The Last Ship Season 4 Cast Lucia, Rimworld Review Ign,