Schist, megascopically crystalline rock that has a highly developed schistosity, or tendency to split into layers. Schist is a foliated metamorphic rock made up of plate-shaped mineral grains that are large enough to see with an unaided eye.

It usually forms on a continental side of a convergent plate boundary where sedimentary rocks, such as shales and mudstones, have been subjected to compressive forces, heat, and chemical activity. It formed by metamorphosis of mudstone and shale or some form of igneous rock. Banding (foliation) is typically poorly developed or absent. It usually has better crystallisation of mica minerals. Schist is faliated medium grade metamorphic rock. They are biotite, chlorite and muscovite so this called schistosity texture.

Laura Harris, Half Magic By Edward Eager, Dragons' Den Season 13 Dragons, Love And Rage Quotes, Escape To The Chateau Location, Maurice Pronunciation French, Guadalupe River Tubing 2020, Fire Near Pocatello Today, Vive L Amour Summary, Catherine Curtin Age, Being Erica Episodes, Come So Far By Spirit Music, Zoravar Singh, Poppy I Disagree Necklace, Granite Stone Diamond Grill Pan, Pluralist Theory Of Sovereignty, Glee Star Missing, Three Colors: Red Subtitles, Oh Santa Veggietales Lyrics, Luna Name For Dog, Kylie Rogers Parents, Sunset Song 1971 Cast, Juliette Andromeda Mao Actress, In My Head In My Head Again So Far Away, Andi Dorfman Twitter, Prasthanam Telugu Movie Box Office Collection, Reggie Bush Instagram, Dota 1 Players, Google Translate Extension Not Working, Safelight In Darkroom Radiology, Chen Exo Wife, The Lying Days Pdf, Panache Meaning Crossword, Corinna Harfouch Kinder, Bowling For Columbine Summary, Black Swan Poppy, Jigsaw Tricycle Meme, Marco Simoncelli, The Expanse Season 2 Episode 10, Jackson Slade Pasdar 2019, Age Of Samta Sagar, Pumice Sentence,