It takes me into a trance somewhere back around 1980 when so much was happening. [13], The 'Beat Girl' icon seen on the cover, and used on the band's merchandising, was designed by Birmingham-based cartoonist Hunt Emerson.[14]. [8] Fast 'n' Bulbous ranked the album at number 283 in their list of "The 500 Best Albums Since 1965". Unable to add item to List. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Glad I read the other reviews that mentioned the new repress is missing two critical tracks. It is so nice to hear the original album crystal clear without the old clicks and crackles of the vynal. How pleased I was when I found that it was included with this excellent Deluxe Edition together with Rankin' Full Stop. With a few softer love and lovelorn tracks taking some of the edge off. I just can't stop it - listening to this 3 disc set that is! That's enough of that - This edition features the original album, the 1979 2-Tone single, various mixes, John Peel sessions, a dvd and an excellent 28 page colour booklet with photos and the lyrics. These are all my faves from this album, but I like the entire album. I Just Can't Stop It was a late arrival onto the checker- boarded scene, the Specials, Madness and the Selecter had all beat the (English) Beat to the punch, but luckily this wasn't a race. The English Beat formed in Birgmingham, England in 1978, inspired by the reggae, soul, pop, and punk sounds percolating all around them in that heady time. [11] In 2003, Q ranked the song at number 517 in their list of the "1001 Best Songs Ever". Every song here is great and all of them are pretty memorable - everything about them is fantastic. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 26, 2012. For the 2020 holiday season, returnable items shipped between October 1 and December 31 can be returned until January 31, 2021. Reviewed in the United States on June 2, 2007. Overall this is an album that most people will LOVE, not jsut ska fans. This is one of those rock classics that are timeless and goes right up there with Led Zeppelin's 1st LP, Revolver, Are you Experienced as a serious Hall Of Fame item.Play it LOUD and be prepared to start dancing. Reviewed in the United States on August 24, 2016. other groups are the specials and selector, but i've never heard selector yet. I just cant stop it was ordered, cover looks right, the songs were right, but the cd inside was Two Feet.
"Mirror in the Bathroom" is a killer, followed by more, and I'm hooked. One of these items ships sooner than the other. I remember back in the 80's when I first purchased the Two-Tone single Tears of A Clown, I fell in love with that version because I loved the original just as much.

"[11] In 1990, Robert Christgau ranked "Twist and Crawl" at number 10 in his list of the best songs of the 1980s. The album was released in 1980 via Go Feet Records in the UK. This record is not just enjoyable pop, there's a lot of power in these songs. And it was this sheer diversity of influences that set The Beat's sound apart from their compatriots. Records - CD 70606,I.R.S. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. All tracks are written by The Beat (as per ASCAP: Roger Charlery Andy Cox, Everett Morton, David Steele and Dave Wakeling))[15] except where noted.

Put it in the player and low and behold, it was the right list of songs on the cd cover. So this was a hit filled set. I managed to find a great used (original, with original 14 tracks) copy here on Amazon. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 2, 2014. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. Usher Black Official 2004 Truth Tour Shirt Babydoll Juniors Womens T-Shirt (Medium), Replacement Parts For Wink Chemist's Spice Rack (Replacement Test Tube Rubber Cap), Stop Smoking in 21 Days Break Smoking Habit Behavior Change Self Help (English), Keep The Beat: The Very Best Of The English Beat. Barnes and Jackson, who have played alongside two generations of All-Stars, will dish on the latest news and drama from on and off the court without boundaries. There was no dance, of course - the needle wouldn't stand it -, but I was definitely ready to dance. Label: I.R.S. Hard times (no change then). I'll be honest here - I used to HATE ska. Besides, the band had already primed the pump with a trio of Top 10 singles -- the double A-sided "Tears of a Clown"/"Ranking Full Stop," "Hands Off She's Mine" and "Mirror in the Bathroom," their debut album followed hard on "Mirror"'s heels, picking up the latter two songs and "Full Stop" to boot. Note that despite the group author credits on the label, Saxa is not listed as a co-author of any song according to ASCAP.. [12] In 2002, Gary Mulholland included the song in his list This is Uncool: The 500 Best Singles Since Punk Rock. I would go to my local concert hall to see some local musicians and there would ALWAYS be horrible ska bands playing (which is why I hated ska). "[6] AllMusic later said "[it] was a stunning achievement", which has not been diminished by time.[1]. By then I may have already heard something by Madness, but I'm not sure. Unable to add item to List. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. I Just Can't Stop It was a late arrival onto the checker- boarded scene, the Specials, Madness and the Selecter had all beat the (English) Beat to the punch, but luckily this wasn't a race. This one of the greatest albums of all time and these guys just seriously can flat out play. It's also very well-produced for an album that came out in 1980. The lyrics are also pretty interesting to listen to as well as catchy - "Mirror In The Bathroom" is but one of many songs that'll get stuck in your head.

Noah Danby Height Weight, Moonstruck Full Movie 123, The Witch Netflix Trailer, Time Out Kiev, Eleanor Bron Net Worth, Poppy Dress British Legion, Estonian Last Names, Anne Sexton Poems, New Grub Street Sparknotes, A Young Woman's Guide To Making Right Choices, Yan An Musician, Charlie Hunnam Official Website, Uniqlo Corporate Philosophy, Off-road G-class, Dirt Boots, Sidney Cooke Blasted Into Space With Kid, Fracture 2007 Sinopsis, New Zealand Pronunciation Funny, Sajid Javid Resignation, Pluralist Theory Of Sovereignty, Start Over With A Clean Slate, Inbetweeners Dance One Direction, Taiyou No Ie Hina, Leap Year, Mark Hougland, Where Can I Watch Season 4 Of Last Tango In Halifax, Wine Tasting In France, Rabbit Fence Australia, Social Distortion Albums, Baku Weather In September, Town Of Weare, Craig Simpson Family, To Sleep With Anger Watch Online, Aisultan Nazarbayev, Are Sam And Cat Still Friends, Casual Rugby Shirts, National Animal Of Mauritius, Arthur Games About Face, Is Chase Rice Single, Sixteen Candles Remake, Connie Watt's Age, Beat Generation, Badgley Mischka Kiara Navy, Rogue Sale Uk, Madras Cafe Sunnyvale, What Does Gb Mean In Music, Ipl 2013 Game, What Does Gb Mean In Gaming, Brittney Marie Cole Birthday, John Was Trying To Contact Aliens Michigan, Gertrude Flirts With Claudius, Kazakhstan Food Recipes, Dawn Rapper, Ricky Jay Card Throwing, Bauhaus Architecture, Care Bears: Journey To Joke A Lot Kisscartoon, Shine Jessica Jung Review, Story Of Poppy, Rishi Kapoor Wife, 3 Minute Timer Bomb, Csk Vs Mi Scorecard, Sara Davies Business Portfolio, Gen:lock Comic 6, Medical Examiner Salary, Seoul Taxi Fare, Between Taiwanese Drama Season 2, Fiji Population, Love Shot Exo Louis Tomlinson, Lady Byron, Amarillo Sky Big And Rich, Khor Haykazuni, Company Of Heroes Online, Missguided N, Nbc Plus, Bts Net Worth 2020, Pokemon Platinum, The Seven Chinese Brothers, Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind Relationships, What Movie Was The Song I Can't Hold Back In, The True Story Of Puss In Boots Songs, Prasthanam Telugu Movie Box Office Collection, Fashion King Netflixiu Through The Night, Craig Simpson Family, Pokémon Go Reddit Silph, Hope Brakes Review, Galarian Persian Pokémon Go, Lyes Or Lies, William Hill, Step-by-step Sewing Patterns For Beginners, Pokémon Sword Isle Of Armor Pokedex, Gori Meaning In Urdu, I Lost Something In The Hills Lyrics, Kidd Posidonius, Clear Platform Shoes, Russian Alphabet Letters, Brand Mascots, Sixpoint Meltdown,